Saturday, July 17, 2010
After hearing about how great me and the baby are doing I decided to bring up a VBAC once more to give my OB the benefit of the doubt and so that Klint could ask what he wanted to. Well, I think that if I would have asked if it was ok to shoot some cocaine up my arm before birth I would have had a more positive response! No joke! Basically we were fed a lot of scare tactics to deter me from even considering trying for a VBAC and left the office with me feeling extremely pissed and upset and Klint probably scared out of his mind.
Well, after reading tons and tons of information I determined that my OB is full of crapola and that no matter what happens I need to switch to another OB, preferably one who won't lie to me deliberately to prove she knows more and to scare me into doing something that isn't safe. I have my research and facts from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynocology regarding VBACS and until the 27th I am going to take a break from fighting doctors... let's just hope that this new OB is a little more honest and open-minded when it comes to my specific case!
I think that it is a little crazy that not only do I have to fight to NOT have surgery, but that I know that in the hospital I am going to have to fight to not be given medicines, pain killers, keep my baby with me the whole time, leave without her getting the Hep B vaccine, and labor how I want to among other things. Aren't these things that should be a given? Maybe I was given this challenge so that other women who are facing the same issues will have an easier chance... definitely something to think about!