Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby Bunting Quilt

I finally started getting together some decorating ideas together for Miss M's room this weekend including fabric embroidery hoops, a pretty embroidered muslin growth chart, and a modge-podged inital. But today I found a project that takes my love of fabric, bunting, and quilts to a whole new level!

Check this BEAUTIFUL quilt tutorial out thanks to A Pretty Cool Life!

I love that I can use all my scrap fabric for this and that it will match the decor of the room perfectly.

Even better is that it uses flannel in the middle instead of batting to cut down on the thickness.
Sigh... I can't wait to get going on this! The tutorial is SUPER easy, even a beginner could handle this without a problem. She even shows you how to make your own bias tape if you wanted to! Genius I am telling you!
I think that I may even make mine a bit bigger so that I can cuddle with Miss M under it... Well, now you know what I will be doing this weekend!

P.S.- And if you don't feel like sewing one of these quilts yourself, hop over to Cheryl's shop on Etsy and buy one! (But don't blame me if you end up also buying a pretty apron, some sweet smelling sachets, and a few bean bags!)

siggy
Related Posts with Thumbnails