Thursday, July 8, 2010

The List 7.8.10

I don't know about the rest of you around the country but I am so over this heat thing! I must have been an eskimo or a Maine dwelling lobsterman in a past life, because I get through June alright but when it comes to July and August I dream of cooler breezes! Hopefully here are some fun links to keep you cool, check them out... lots of fun stuff here.

Need something inside for the kids to do? How about some new felt food for them? Over here there are some cute tutorials on how to make your own felt kiwibroccoli, and other fun food for the play kitchen... super easy to do too!

With a house full of little girls (not just my own but also all the little ones I care for during the week!) there are quite a few tutus in our dress up bin. However, this weekend I will be adding more to the bunch thanks to this AWESOMELY cute tutorial on a layered and dressed up version of the classic tutu!

Recently we went to the zoo and visited the Butterfly Greenhouse and the girls LOVED seeing all the different kinds of "Flutterbys" that there are. I think that this pretty Paper Butterfly Collage will look great in their room!

While we are talking about butterflies, check out this easy peasy DIY Potterybarn Knockoff Butterfly Mobile!

Even though we have been spending a lot of time outside, sometimes it is just too hot and we bring the outside in for play. I love love love these natural looking wood blocks! They actually look like sticks!

Since I have one little girl who is a tomboy and another one who is a pink-wearing princess lover, sometimes it is hard to get them to agree on a book that they like. I have a feeling that The Secret Lives of Princesses will fit the bill just fine! These aren't your ordinary, wait for the Prince to rescue me, type of gals!

Anyone with little ones knows that all of a sudden there is a plethora of mini furniture as well. How about some brightly painted, AFFORDABLE, heirloom quality rocking chairs? AND they are HANDMADE!!! Check them out here!

Many of our lunchtime meals when I have all of my tribe are Muffin Tin Meals. It means a lot of variety, usually no utensils, and I can do themes. How about an Under the Sea themed lunch? Mmmmm.....

Finally, need a craft to go with that yummy water themed lunch mentioned above? How about making some Mermaid Peg Dolls?! Fun fun fun... have a great day everyone!
siggy

2 comments:

Amy said...

As always, Connie, GREAT resources! Thanks! Oh, and btw, I love your new signature!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails