Friday, August 6, 2010

My Daddy is a Pretzel!

Few people, when glancing at my husband, would guess that it is him and not me who really enjoys doing yoga, Although I appreciate the meditative nature of it, I require a faster paced form of exercise like Zumba to really get my blood pumping. Klint however is AWESOME at yoga, has become so much more flexible, and I think the meditative nature of it appeals to him as well.

Well, of course when Daddy is doing yoga the kids HAVE to join in... AJ likes to crawl under Klint during Downward Dog and Gabby likes to mimic his moves. So when I saw this book at the library- "My Daddy is a Pretzel" by Baron Baptiste I had to grab it!

What is so cool about this book is that it is not only a yoga book but also introduces kids to 9 different professions that mommy and daddy may have, and links the yoga poses to everyday life.


For example, the first job introduced is a gardener and so the yoga pose is the Tree Pose. "The tree pose teaches us to support ourselves with strong roots, so we can reach high and remain stable, yet be flexible, at the same time." Isn't that lovely?? I love how the illustration demonstrates the way to get into the pose as well, perfect for little ones to follow!

The best part is that if you and your kids enjoy the book, the company that made this book -Barefoot Books-also has yoga card decks! I am really interested in the yoga deck that has 50 yoga poses and activities that are good for the earth called Yoga Planet. Definitely a company and a purpose that I can support whole heartedly!

Oh! Don't forget that signups for the Moveable Feast Swap ends tomorrow at midnight!!! Come swap some foodie goodness!!

siggy

1 comment:

Connie Krebs said...

No I didn't know about these but will definitely pass the link onto the hubby! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails