Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer Lovin' Happens So Fast

Well folks, here in NE Ohio summer break is officially over! Tomorrow the kids are back in school, parents are bustling to finish all the school shopping, and clothes are being carefully selected.

Since today was Gabby's last day of summer I let her choose the activity of the morning and not surprisingly she chose a favorite park of ours.

The girls climbed trees, took photos of nutty squirrels, and made friends with lots of other little girls. We swung on swings, played in the dirt, and found lots of interesting nuts and shells.

Summer seems like it went by so fast, but when I think about everything that we have done... I get tired thinking about it! We went to the beach more times than I can count, the zoo, library, nature center, park, waterpark, mall.... it is a long list. Not to mention all the summer crafting, water fun, tent making, popcorn creating, planting, worm digging, singing and dancing that happened every day. Whew! So yes, I am ready for fall to be here and ready to get back to a routine of earlier bedtimes and lunch packing.

siggy Smaller

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Gabby,
I hope you have a wonderful first day back to school as a FIRST grader!! (Is it weird that I'm a little emotional about this?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails