Friday, July 15, 2011

I Just Don't Get It...

*This regularly scheduled program is interrupted by the following random rant. 
Proceed at your own risk!*


I just don't get the world sometimes. I don't understand why people bring children into this world and see them as a bother, something to boss around and treat however they wish without regard to the simple fact that kids are people too. All of these shows and books are created to "fix" children when the cold hard reality is that it is ADULTS who are ruining children. It is adults who are making our nations children devoid of creativity, violent, sick with toxins, obese, depressed. It pisses me off!

And then there are those adults out there who are so mean, cruel, and inhumane that I have to take a moment to process what I actually just read. Tonight I had the displeasure of learning of a blog called Mama Tao. Apparently this woman's goal in life is to mock and demean all those hard choices that a mother makes for her children, including but not limited to  VBACs, vaccinating, water births, and natural childbirth. She believes that basically we (we, meaning those who went for an all natural birth, read Ina May's work and praised the heavens for such wisdom, and who question vaccinations) have all been drinking some strong Kool-aid and are to blame for lies?! I felt like I needed to bleach my eyes out after reading just one post, and it got worse with each post there after. It was vile.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of all those people who are cheering about the fact that there are restaurants who ban children under the age of 6 from eating there. While we're at it, let's ban people over 65 because they are loud, rude, drop things, spill, and sometimes even have accidents! Gasp!!! Makes sense right? And then can we ban people who are developmentally challenged because really, they are loud and can possibly ruin my meal as well... and so on and so forth. Ugh!!

So yeah, I am pretty fed up with the majority of adults I know. I could go on and on and on about this, on any given day. From the random woman who tells me that I am doing Gabby a disservice by homeschooling her to the well meaning friend who thinks it is dumb to question doctors because they have the PhD and I don't.
But I am going to stop now and take a deep breathe and remember that it is because of these people that others work so hard to educate the public about the topics that are important.


Thank you for listening to this random rant, tomorrow we will continue our regularly scheduled program!
siggy Smaller
Related Posts with Thumbnails