Friday, July 1, 2011

So Sweet but Sour!


Yesterday we met up Carena and Heather again for another adventure with our kids- cherry picking! I have never picked fresh cherries and even though this was the sour variety, I couldn't resist eating some. (They really weren't as sour as I was told!)


The kids had a lot of fun picking, Sam and Hailey were so cute trying to pick up ones off the ground or putting fallen ones back onto the tree. Gabby and AJ helped pick a whopping 4 pounds of cherries!! It was a beautiful day filled with laughing, of course, and friends.


From the cherries I decided to make freezer jam and saved a little bit for some yummy banana cherry bread, which I will make tonight. What is your favorite fruit to pick and what do you make with it?

siggy Smaller
Related Posts with Thumbnails