Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sock Animals are Back!


The kids and I love going to the library and picking up random books of inspiration and this week's craft book was on a familiar topic- Sock Animals! I adore my book Sock and Glove that I purchased awhile back, but since then I have gotten smart and use my sewing machine to speed (and neaten) things up. What a difference a machine and experience makes!

Well, thank goodness for the experience because the new book, Socks Appeal, is quite challenging! Aside from the usual sock bunny, there are new creatures aplenty. Hamsters, turtles, jellyfish, and so many more. I have to admit that this book gives my skills and eyes a run for their money. Teeny socks get turned into owls, making your eyes weep and begging for a magnifying glass, lol.

One of Klint's 30 Before 30 items though is to make something and I figured that this would be a great opportunity for him to make something for one of the girls and knock and item off the list, and maybe even learn a few hand sewing skills. He blogged about making Guamo, the dirty bunny, for Gabby here.

The girls had a lot of fun picking out socks from Target's $1 knee high sock selection and deciding what they wanted mommy to make them. Since I had to take my 3 hr glucose test on Sat morning (yucko!) I knew that I would have a lot of time to assemble and embellish some fun stuffies for the girls. All said and done, I ended up making 2 snakes, 1 penguin, 2 bunnies, and a skirt for AJ's bunny. Not bad! Here is the crew with the books that we used. (My bunnies are actually my own pattern, I like them bigger than glove size!)


These were so much fun to make that I am going to go grab some more socks for Miss M's sock animal collection!

siggy Smaller

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, Connie, those are so super cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails