Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That

Today I am 32 weeks along and feeling great! I have been really busy in the shop, it seems like everyone knows I will be temporarily closing for maternity leave and decided to order oodles of fairy doors all at once, which is a good thing. Here are some random thoughts that I am having, links that I have been interested in, and cute ideas that I have seen for the upcoming holiday season, which is not too far away!

One of the best things you can do this holiday season is Pledge to Buy Handmade. As an artist and being a part of the Etsy community I can see how fragile our little world is and all of it depends on people buying handmade instead of Big Box store items. Even buying a few things will make a difference to someone and the environment! You can sign the Pledge here!

These past few weeks have been filled with many conversations between Klint and I about how to handle Gabby's educational needs in a way that fit her particular personality. We have been researching, reading, talking to others, and meditating on the pros and cons of all the choices. A blog that I just started reading really caught my eye with this post, which talks about questions that homeschooling/unschooling families get and how to handle them.... I have already experienced some of the doubters and such, which can be quite nasty!

I think that for anyone, keeping a journal is a great tool whether you use it to vent, draw, work out problems on paper, or just jot down your random thoughts. This blog is my journal and I want the same outlet for Gabby, especially since she is learning how to write sentances. This pretty (and earth-friendly) journal will be under the tree for her this holiday season!

With Fall, like any season, comes change. I love these ideas and projects for your home, yard, body, and spirit. Most are so simple to do but will make a big difference in the coming months.

Even with me being in a healthier place than when I started out in this pregnancy I am still starting to feel aches and pains of my enormous belly. Luckily, this awesome Prenatal Yoga Studio in NYC has some free videos online here to help alleviate some of the pains!

I am always on the lookout for cute stocking stuffers for the girls that are not "junky" but will not cost more than a few dollars. One of the things that they will find in their stocking this year is their own personalized pocket mirror by Olliegraphic. Aren't they awesome looking? There are also personalized growth charts, plates, and other funness to be had!

So that is it.... I am busy cleaning and nesting, finishing up orders and starting others! I hope that you all have a GREAT day!!!



siggy Smaller

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

you look FABULOUS, momma!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails