Monday, April 12, 2010

Great Expectations

"The most important story we'll ever write in life is our own-not with ink, but with our daily choices."
— Richard Paul Evans
Let's just start by stating that I SUCK at keeping secrets.... not the realllly important, spit in your hand and shake on it secrets, but the kind of secrets like Christmas presents and unexpected proposals.... I just can't help myself and want to blab it all to whoever will bend an ear! This secret however, is a little more complicated, and I didn't know if I was ready to share yet. The deciding factor was the simple fact that this blog is about my life, the ups and downs, the craftiness and parenting fails. And right now I have a secret in my life.... I am pregnant.

(Whew! Ok, well it is still secret to some. I didn't shout it out yet on Facebook or Twitter, for some reason I feel better sharing it here first. Weird huh?)

So... yes, I am pregnant. No, it was not planned... in fact my lovely husband was supposed to have a vasectomy appointment on March 12th that he missed for some obscure and minor reason. (I guess even when you make plans, karma just swoops in and changes it all around.) And since we were not planning on adding to our little family, we used protection and such... so this really took us by surprise. I didn't even THINK about the possibility of being pregnant until dear sweet hubby called and asked me if I wanted a double cheeseburger, and the simple thought of it made me want to run straight to the nearest bathroom. Ugh! I hate that!

Long story short, I thought about what weirdness I was feeling, grabbed a simple preggo test, and 30 seconds later had a blazingly obvious plus sign in my hand. ("Shit! Shit, shit shit!" I believe were the words coming out of my mouth at the time!) Well that explained the long afternoon snoozes, the nauseous tummy, and the weird craving for olives- of which I ate half a jar already.

There were a bit of tears, because of course I was completely and utterly shocked, but at the same time we took a deep breathe and knew that everything would be fine. We would figure it all out along the way and be thankful that for us it really is a snap to add to our little family. (I am most thankful for my husband not looking at me and running for the hills... instead he has taken over where I needed him to without me even asking.)

I haven't even hit the 8 week mark yet, or had my first OB appointment, but like I said before.... I suck at keeping secrets!  More a little later... I need a nap!



6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, you weren't able to keep that secret for long, huh? Congrats again!! Sending pink thoughts your way...

elsie said...

Congratulations! BTW "shit shit shit shit" is ALWAYS the appropriate first response to finding out you're pregnant!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Prasti said...

heee, you're funny! so happy for you guys! yay for babies :)

bethany said...

yaaay for babies!!!! :)

Jennifer said...

congrats again, connie - so happy for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails