Sunday, January 31, 2010

Big Sister, Little Sister

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.  You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.  ~Amy Li
Sometimes having two little girls with such different personalities makes me want to pull my hair out... most days though it is an awesome privilege that reminds me why I love being a mommy. Today was a pretty good day, one that I am sure I will not forget. Today Miss AJ (or Miss AMELIA as she demands to be called) got her ears pierced so that she can be just like her big sister.

(she is eating a Gummi Bear... not growling!!)

My girls are as different as night and day, yet are able to coexist when they want to, really well. Gabby is way more of a tomboy, very sensitive, and is the victim of AJ's 2 yr old tendencies... a lot.  We are pretty sure that AJ looks for opportunities to make Gabby cry, just  cause she can. AJ, however, is very girly, stubborn, and definitely knows what she wants. She picks out all of her clothes and if you try to put something on her that isn't "approved"... well be prepared for a fight. Lucky for me she wants all her clothes to match so this isn't a big deal too often.

But, even with these huge differences, they haven't killed each other yet. And I am seeing that slowly they are balancing each other out. Gabby is starting to have an interest in more girly things like jewelry and picking out clothes from the girl's section when she used to gravitate toward the boys Tshirts right away. AJ will read a dinosaur book with Gabby and loves playing cars. It makes me smile....

I can't wait to see these two grow up and become the wonderfully awesome ladies that they are inside....and at the same time I want time to stop so that I can have them like this forever, does that make sense?


Related Posts with Thumbnails