Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am bawling my eyes out right now


I was sitting here a second ago, surfing blogs as usual, when I checked on a blog I just learned about last week- Remember Maddie. My heart is breaking for this mother. I know that the whole family is in pain but it is for this woman that I am bawling my eyes out. One mother to another, I can't imagine the pain and sorrow she must be in.

A wonderful, bright little girl who struggled from birth to live and died so suddenly, too young. What started as a cough and congestion here ended so tragically.

There are wonderful videos of this precious girl, pictures galore, and I know that every mother who has read this story has sent her love to this family. There is so much I want to say, but nothing seems enough. So I will wrap my arms around my daughters tight and treasure every moment I have with them.

*On a side note, when Gabby saw me crying she came over and asked what was wrong. I explained about Maddie and her mommy. Of course I started crying harder. Gabby, very straight faced said, "Well Mommy, it looks like we will have to send AJ to her so she can have a baby girl again. We can just get another baby at the hospital!" Smiling through my wet face, I just hugged her tight and laughed.




1 comment:

NoraAnne said...

What a heartbreaking post, I can't even bring myself to read the story right now. I think I will just go crawl in bed with my son and breathe him in.
As a mother I can't even imagine that pain, so sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails