Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crafty Goal #1- Learn to Crochet

There are so many different kinds of crafts out there and thanks to my "Crafters ADD" I have tried many. One skill that I have always envied is knitting and crocheting. This year I am going to not only learn how to crochet but also learn how to make Amigurumi toys for the kids. Amigurumi is the art of Japanese crocheted toys and are super cute. (If you don't want to make your own there are tons and tons for sale on Etsy!!)

But first I need to master some skills like reading a pattern and such. So I got a few books from the library, grabbed a hook, some skeins, and started my first project- a spring/summer skinny scarf! I chose a really pretty light blue Bamboo yarn and am making it really tight and skinny so I can wear it all the time. I am going to add some fringe to the bottom too, unless I make it an Eternity scarf- no ends, just one big circle.

We will see, but I am excited about my progress already!

siggy Smaller

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

so pretty.. you are doing an awesome job! but then again.. you are awesome at all things crafty :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails