Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Has Sprung... (maybe....)

This past week us Clevelanders have enjoyed sunny skies, warm breezes, and teasing hints from Mother Nature that Spring is indeed on it's way. Everyone emerged from hibernation, smiles were on faces, and all in all it was a great week. After months and months of cold snowy weather, it is so nice to see people out walking and enjoying the day.


One of my projects this Spring is to plant a fairy garden with the kids. We are going to make a pretty little fenced in area, fill it with mini shade plants, and hope that the wee ones feel welcome.  I have been looking all over for directions, photos, and other inspirations for this garden since I want it to be child friendly and fun. I don't know if I want it to be in a container yet or just in an area with the rest of the plants...

I love this garden though in a barrel from The Magic Onions.  She has such lovely details and you can see that the kids were really involved with the design.


I also want to add a butterfly house to our garden, either in the front or back, from this wonderful Etsy store- Bee Gracious. This pink butterfly house really caught my eye!

I have found tons of great fairy garden miniatures from Etsy of course and if you google Fairy Garden there are lots of sites that have everything from little fences to plants perfect for fairy catching! And if you want just a simple little door to maybe go on a tree for your Wee Folk, please check out the store NothinButWood. His fairy/gnome doors are divine! This one is my favorite!


What are your garden plans this Spring? Have you ever made or seen a fairy garden?




3 comments:

CarzooCritters said...

That is a wonderful project plan you have and beautiful choice of inspiration!

I have really wanted to plant a terrarium because I live in the fourth floor of an apartment and can't really make much of a garden, so making a little terrarium will make me feel like I have one!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

We live near Portsmouth, NH where they have a huge fairy festival every September. The little ones dress as fairies and they have a fairy house contest. Really cute. I love this idea, perfect to do with my 5 year old!

Anna K. said...

What a cute idea!

My dad is a landscaper and loves the saying "Spring has sprung!"

By the way, I found you in the Etsy forums!

Related Posts with Thumbnails