Klint took this of me when I reached our due date and I love it! Even though my bump is just a memory and there will be no more future bumps, I can honestly look back on this pregnancy with a lot of fondness.... Here are my Top 10 Reasons Why I Loved Being Pregnant (this time!)
10. Minimal Weight Gain- Don't know how I managed to gain as little as I did without puking my brains out everyday, but I definitely enjoyed not wearing maternity clothes and feeling good about myself in general.
9. I Rocked Out the Bikini- Something I never dared to do with either of my other two pregnancies! It may not have been the Swim Suit photo of the year, but I felt pretty good about myself in my Speedo bikini!
8. I got to paint my belly like a pumpkin! (A goal of mine since we got married!)
7. Hardly any nausea and throwing up.... thank goodness!
6. No Swelling- not even in the last trimester!
5. I Got Informed! If it wasn't for this pregnancy I would not have stood up for my birthing rights and would have remained woefully ignorant to the blatant wrongness of our modern medical OB system. I learned so much and have become so much stronger for it. I got to really look at my first two births and see that I was manipulated by an OB who did not have my best interests at heart and that there was something I could do about it!
4. No one called me fat, asked if I was having twins, and only one stranger rubbed my belly- a new record for me!
3. No food aversions- I escaped this pregnancy loving all the foods that I started out loving.... thank goodness!
2. I got to meet awesome women who shared my journey with me, found a doula who is awesome, and now have an OB that I trust and would recommend to anyone I know!
1. My marriage is so much stronger than what it was when we started out this adventure. I got to fall in love with my husband all over again and know that he feels the same way. Even though physically there were some rough times for me, it was so nice to know that my partner was there to hold my hand and support me.
And that my friends, is why I loved being pregnant this time!