Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Friend Picnik.com

Even though I have all the bells and whistles of Photoshop on my computer thanks to the hubby there are times that I just want to do some quick editing. Times when I just don't want to go through the 7,000 steps it takes to get the effect I want. And when I am in that kind of mood I turn to Picknik!

I love that it is free, online so you don't have to download anything, and super easy so anyone can improve their photos! There is a pro-version that you have to pay for, but the free effects are so good that you don't have to pay for it to be a great tool. (The premium level is worth it though if you really find yourself using Picnik a lot... I recently upgraded and am hooked even more now!

Here is a great sample of what you can do in just a few clicks:



And all I did was crop the photo, color balance it, and then put a winter effect on it..... soooo easy and took less than 5 mins. With this awesome program you can add text (and they have FUN fonts!), whiten teeth, remove wrinkles, add frames, age the photo, and so much more. Of course I can do all this in Photoshop, but I don't even want to go into how many steps it would take and the effect wouldn't be half as cool in my opinion!
Here is another photo I have edited recently:


Cool huh?! So be lazy, open up some photos in Picnik, and you will have no excuse for unbalanced, washed out photos!

siggy Smaller

1 comment:

Ina's 5 and our Native Homeschool Blog said...

I also live picnic. It really improves my photos (all taken from my phone).

Related Posts with Thumbnails