Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dear John...

As most of you know I am an avid reader, sometimes staying up late into the night to finish a chapter... or the entire book if it is good enough. I have favorite authors though and Nicholas Sparks is definitely one of them! 

I think what draws me to his works is that they are not normal sappy love stories. There is a lot of pain, tears, and heart ache. So much so that I usually grab some tissues when I pick one of his novels up. 

But, even if the ending is not the "happily ever after" that you might expect, it will leave you feeling fulfilled. Dear John is just like that. It is twisting and turning, all the time hoping for that perfect ending. It is sad and very honest. In short, I loved it. 

The other thing that draws me to Nicholas Sparks is that when they do make a movie from his books, it turns out as close to the book as I could hope for. I know when I see a movie after reading the book that I will not sit there the whole time whispering to my husband about how they wrecked yet another perfectly good story. I can't wait to see this new movie Dear John and The Last Song, which I have already seen the preview for. Here is the trailer for the movie if you haven't seen it already!









1 comment:

Nicole Bergman said...

This was my first time seeing the movie trailer- it looks really good! Definitely on my list of movies to see.

Related Posts with Thumbnails