Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thoughts on Motherhood

I started writing this post, thinking that I had some inspirational insights to motherhood. Then I realized that this whole blog is about motherhood. It is something I am and I practice everyday, 24/7. I craft for my kids, take photos of them, advocate for their education, cheer on their accomplishments, encourage them with their challenges, and teach them everything I know.

Mother's Day is a reminder that even though my own mother was not a good example of parenting, I will be a good example to my girls, setting them up to be good mother's themselves someday. Being a mom is a tough job, I don't think anyone will argue with that. But for me it is something that I wanted to be more than anything and I never forget that not everyone is as lucky as I am.

These three little girls who call me mom are my world. They inspire me, challenge me to be the best "me" possible, and love me the way no one else can.

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow moms, mom-to-be, mothers of angels, and mother's in spirit. Enjoy your day!
siggy Smaller
Related Posts with Thumbnails