Gabby's Book List
- The Secret Lives of Common Birds
- When Birds Could Talk & Bats Could Sing
- You Wouldn't Want to Travel with Captain Cook
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Pirate's Prisoner
- Fierce Fighters- Ninja
- Music Theory for Beginners
- Smash It!, Crash It!, Launch It!
- Starting Point Science
Of course AJ picks out books too which are a mixture of fiction and non-fiction, and I discovered her using her finger to follow the words and pretending to sound them out. It made me so proud to see her trying by herself to read and creating a story using the pictures!
AJ is really interested in hippos right now, for some reason rainbow colored ones are her favorite thing to draw... she is a very creative girl with animals!
AJ's Book List
- Kiss Kiss!
- Police Officers on the Go!
- Keeping Unusual Pets: Chinchillas (No, we are not getting a chinchilla, I have no clue why she picked this, lol!)
- I Must Have Bobo
- Strongest and Weakest
- Biggest and Smallest
- The Illustrated Book of Ballet Stories
I love our weekly trips because I get to watch my girls explore one of my favorite places and see what they are interested in. I know that they can have free reign there, get however many and whatever books interest them and will be exposed to new words and ideas.
Plus it gives me a chance to get my own books. I always read before bed and devour books like chocolate!
Note to self: No more reading Dean Koontz at night, alone, before bed!
I had to stop myself from covering all the mirrors and sleeping with the lights on!