Monday, May 17, 2010

Little Passenger Seats

  One of the first thoughts that went through my mind after finding out that we were expecting again (well after thinking Oh shit Oh shit...lol) is that we are going to need a bigger vehicle. Currently we have a HUGE GMC Envoy but it doesn't have a 3rd row. What it does have though are tons of cool features that I am attached to like a retractable roof, leather heated seats, and a back partition that goes up and down- a great feature for when I have a stinky Spooky! Even though we have had lots of mechanical issues with the truck, I am pretty attached to it. Sure it gets about 13mpg, but I love that I can tow around huge pieces of furniture easily!

 We thought that for sure we were doomed to minivan ownership and all the implications that go with it... high waisted Mommy jeans and all...ugh! We were going to have to sell the Envoy and use the extra as a down payment for the van.... sitting in a dealership, paperwork, downgrading....gag! Until a lovely fellow December 2010 mommy told me about a company that makes custom 3rd row seating especially designed for kids!

 Hello Little Passenger Seats! This awesome company designs a 3rd (or 4th) row seat for your SUV that matches the interior, tested to meet the safety standards established by the Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Vehicles Safety Standards, and expands your vehicle to fit a growing family. 


I am still looking into the Ohio safety standards for this seat since it was designed for smaller children and Ohio has booster safety laws and such, but at least it is something to look into. All of the reviews that I have read have been very positive, installation only takes a few hours, and since the Envoy's cargo area is a truck bed it isn't as susceptible to crunching in a rear end collision as other SUVs. I also checked out the company standing with the BBB and they have an A+ rating, the best there is!  Of course, since my kids are the oldest of the bunch Gabby and AJ would hang out back there, which I am sure they would love! I definitely am going to make a few calls regarding the booster seats, but the rear facing 3rd row seat is definitely on my wish list right now!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails