Monday, May 5, 2008

Be Smart- Booksmart!

Thanks to one of my little indulgences- Shutter Sisters, I have discovered something that will both clean up my hard drive and bring a little beauty to my home- Blurb. It is a wonderful site that allows you to take all those great photos from your computer and make them into a wonderful book. I know that there are a lot of other sites that do the same thing, but here is why I am hooked on Blurb:
  1. It was really easy to take the photos from my hard drive and load them onto the program called Booksmart. REALLY easy... I mean my three year old helped me do it.

  2. There are tons of possibilities, depending on what you want to create. You can make a recipe book, a text book, all photos, even a book of your blogs! (a la the book Carrie wrote from her columns in Sex in the City).

  3. The prices are totally reasonable- I mean $13 for a 40 pg soft cover?!

  4. You have total control, from the cover to the cover jacket flaps, to add quotes, whatever you want.

  5. Finally: The look. It is so professional that anyone will swear that you had someone make this for you.

There are so many other things about this that I love. But you will just have to look for yourself. In the meantime, here are some pages from my book. It is a photo book about the first 5 years of my marriage. (I am still adding to it!!!)




Related Posts with Thumbnails