Sunday, February 8, 2009

Surf's Up Sunday- Feeling Crafty?

Here are some great sources for fabric and also some more links to cool projects to try, fun and easy projects that don't require a lot of skill, just some imagination!



Monaluna, Metro Market Fabric Set in Blue and Green, 5 Half Yards
FabricSupplies on Etsy is one store that I am quickly becoming addicted to for fabrics. Whether you like girly fabric, really modern fabric like the half yard set shown here, or just something new and fresh, this store has it all. Prices are really reasonable as is shipping. How can anyone resist this cute kitchy set of chickens, fruit, and beaters??
It seems like everyone is doing freezer paper stenciling these days and here is a great tutorial to explain how it is done in a foolproof way!




Whimsical is a great word to describe a lot of my designs, especially when I think of AJ's room since she is more girly than Gabby. Isn't this little "wee girl" perfect for a shadowbox or on a lampbase in a little girl's room? Go here to see how she was made!
Speaking of whimsy, isn't this designer collection from FabricWorm, also on Etsy, fabulous? This is another great supplier whose fabric sellection is beautiful and affordable. I have heard nothing but good about them and can't wait to see what fabric arrives for summer!


One of the best birthday presents that I got this year was Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter. This book is simple,trendy, and so beautiful, allowing me to learn new techniques and make some pretty cool things for my house. From pillowcases to these really neat placemats with chopstick pockets, this book is a must for anyone who likes simple designs in their home! (I even made the yoga mat tote and some cute tote bags!!!) If you don't want to buy the book (although I highly reccomend it!) there are some free patterns from it here!

1 comment:

Shanell said...

great post, as always. I can't wait to try the stenciling and I also just ordered a bunch of fabric...can't WAIT for it to come in. Happy crafting to you as well :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails