Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Interesting...


Looking through past posts I had a startling revelation. I have written so little about one of my biggest loves, one of my most enduring loves- dance.

Of course I share thoughts about my kids, and I can't really write too much about the hubby because of what he does. I talk about my crafting, love of Etsy, and all manners of things. But for some reason I keep dance to myself. All I know is that if it wasn't for dance, I wouldn't be here. It may sound dramatic but it is true.

Dance has been my safety net when life went wrong over and over again, a place where I could go inside myself where I forgot how hungry I was, how tired, how sad or confused. Just me, music, movement. Nothing else exists when I dance. Now that I am a dance teacher I am trying to show my students how much fun moving can be. I don't care about pointed toes, pretty arms, or even rhythm. Just listen to the music, move your body, and have fun I tell all the little ones that come to me every Sat. morning. Who know? Maybe dance will save one of them?


“When you perform you are out of yourself-larger and more potent, more
beautiful. You are for minutes heroic. This is power. This is glory on earth.
And it is yours nightly.” ~Agnes De Mille


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this! I totally agree with you:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails