Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Perfect Day

What is a perfect day in my world? A day that is sunny but a cool enough to call for jeans, a sweater, and some cute boots. A day where my kids are well behaved, my hubby and I are in total sync, and I don't feel frazzled. Oh, and there is some fair food and craftiness involved.
Well today was a day just like that! We went to the Woolybear Festival, the biggest one day festival in OH, which was sooo much fun. I have never even heard of a woolybear, it is a funny caterpillar, but hey- it is a good reason to have a festival! This is what one looks like:

We got there nice and early (we heard that it can get quite crowded) and didn't have to walk far at all. We also decided to bring Spooky with us to help her get comfortable around lots of people and meet dogs, which turned out to be a total success. I have never seen so many dogs dressed up for the occasion (not to mention all the weiner dogs that looked like woolybears!). Spooky did awesome, only was scared of one guy who was HUGE and only had one dog snap at her. She was a little timid at first but by the end she was taking it all in and enjoying life. We will definitely come back next year. (If you are scared of snakes or spiders though avoid Jungle Terry, there were snakes there big enough to eat many of the dogs!) Here are some pics of our fun:

yes, that is my child touching a HUGE snake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails