Monday, September 12, 2011

Yes, it is 1am...

So yes, it is 1am and I am blogging... I get a bit of insomnia when I am on a creative streak. Here's the story:
A fellow blogger named Elle asked me to write for a new mommy blog she is starting called Motherhood Uncovered. Of course I said yes because a) I like Elle, she is nice and b) It would give me a reason to craft more. However, the blog is on Wordpress and to co-write on it I would have to have an account. Dun dun dun... a whole new world of blogging people!

Well, I didn't want to look like a newbie when it came to this awesome new blog that I was going to be writing with other bloggers, so I started a new personal one to play around with called My Sunny Side Up Life. I have been thinking about branding my blog and making it flow better with my Etsy store, cleaning it up a bit and making it more professional looking. I designed the header after hours of watching Charlie and Lola with the girls... I am liking the feel of it though... clean with a hint of whimsy.


However, I don't want to throw anyone off who regularly visits me here, know what I mean?
So, what are your thoughts? Can I gently transfer everyone to the new blog or should I just stick with what works? (If you really have an opinion, there is a poll on the sidebar!)

My thoughts are this:
1. I now know how to tag properly so it will be a heck of a lot easier to find stuff on the new blog.
2. Wordpress is niiiiiiiiiice!
3. I can get a fresh look in and tie all my endeavors together
4. I won't have to hop all over the place to blog

but....
1. Wordpress is new and kinda scary to maneuver if you like to customize your look a lot
2. I don't want to lose readers
3. .... ummmm that's all I got!

so there you have it. I am up at 1am, playing between Photoshop and Wordpress and can't sleep because I have so many ideas... =)
siggy Smaller
Related Posts with Thumbnails