Friday, December 18, 2009

Double Happiness

It is no secret that I love Asian inspired things. I love my Japanese platform bed, my Buddha statues, and painting kokeshi dolls. But I also love being able just to create things that my kids and other people can use. This past week I have been a heating pad making fiend. Seriously, thanks to my friend Melissa, I can't get enough of aromatherapy heat pads! I have given a lot away already, and am set to make some more tonight.

This past year, when I think about all the crafts that I have learned how to do and all the things I have made I feel so happy, and very very accomplished. I taught myself how to sew, how to knit, made lots of cute dolls for my kids, sewed plush doll houses, even made a yoga mat bag for the hubby!

But I still have some things that I want to get in there before the year is over... a felt mailbox, Alphabet Canvases, Felt Crayon Holders, and these awesome little felt flower pins!! (Yes, I love felt!)

I cracks me up but also makes me really happy to know that my kids think I am Martha Stewart. Many times Gabby will take a picture of something and ask me to make it for her, doesn't matter if it is etched glass, a quilt, a doll... I am the Super Nanny of crafting in her mind... and I am ok with that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails