Monday, February 21, 2011

And the ice has returned...


After a couple wonderful days of temperatures in the mid 50's
the cold and ice has returned.

But, even though it is freezing outside,
I have a yard of fallen branches,
and there are downed power lines due to the weight of the ice...

there is still a sense of hope that soon the cold will be done.

I love the winter, 
but by the end February even I am looking forward to some sunshine.
I am gazing longingly at gardening books, 
visiting the greenhouses for inspiration
and when it reallly gets cold going to the Rainforest at the zoo 
for some much needed warmth.

Even when the kids are driving me bonkers from being inside
I try to remember the words to a song that I love
"The colder the winter, the warmer the spring."

Here's to a VERY warm spring!! 

siggy Smaller
Related Posts with Thumbnails